Monday, February 8, 2016

The Dark Moon * Feb. 7 2016 Also, the Chinese Lunar New Year - Year of the Fire Monkey

The Dark Moon * Feb. 7, 2016
Also, the Chinese Lunar New Year - Year of the Fire Monkey

    Last night was a wonderful dark moon! The sky was clear and the stars were lovely and bright! I spent a bit gazing at them and whispering to the Lord and Lady, as well as the Elementals. I tried to spy where my dark Goddess might be in the sky. It felt almost giddy.

I left my tarot and oracle decks as well as my lithomancy stones and cloth outside for charging. In the morning they were quite cold and felt kind of full. 

Although I don't practice with any concrete relation to a Chinese path, I do feel we can gain much insite from other paths.

It is a sunny and blustery day today. I read a bit about the fire monkey and related predictions for this year. Among things I read was the quote "Let go or be dragged..." Ouch. So even though Imbolc had us clearing out and renewing... the year appears to have that theme. I can sense the upheaval around me. The energy is just a bit chaotic. I need no dragging. I will up my meditation and use lots of personal deep breathing!

I did not really have any big family activity last night. I did discuss a bit of lunar cycle and divinatory practice with one of my charges - but it was also Superbowl. So, football kind of won the attentions of my family. 

Blessed Be!

4 comments:

  1. Your night sounded peaceful,personally rewarding and a lot better than football!

    - Jeff Orange on facebook.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your night sounded peaceful,personally rewarding and a lot better than football!

    - Jeff Orange on facebook.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jeff! Yes that was a great evening for me :)

      Delete
    2. Hi Jeff! Yes that was a great evening for me :)

      Delete