Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Full Moon of February 22, 2016!

One of my favorite things to do is watch the moon. I love finding her in the daytime sky, and make it a point to have a moment of silence with her as often as possible, regardless of the moon phase. I always include my children. Last night was no exception. 

Last night was an amazing full moon! The night was cool and breezy. No rain yet. We were in a local park on a hill where the eastern sky is unobscured by structures. What a sight! Beautiful Clouds appeared to be dancing with the Goddess across a dark sky. She would waltz dazzlingly into full view momentarily, then her deep purple, silvery grey, and inky black rain clouds would again swirl in front of her. A graceful dancer, always her rays so bright, beautiful, and utterly enchanting. 

I pointed out the scene to an entire teen age baseball team - they all seemed momentarily captivated by the dance before them. Each speechless for brief seconds. (This is really saying something for teenage boys, I might add.) As the drizzle began, we left the park.

Full moon is when we charge the family stones and crystals. (Each of us has our own small collection,) Due to the wet conditions, for the safety of our items, we opted to use an interior window ledge oriented for best lunar exposure. I used a small, clear, shallow, Pyrex pan. Each of my children used a small clear glass for their rocks. 

We charge ourselves as well with the moon. I enjoy taking advantage of the extra energy brought in by the lunar fullness in a personal way too. My mate and I find the full moon also be a wonderful time to re energize our coupleness. We are a bit more mindful of spending quality quiet time alone (and awake LOL) during the full moon. This can be as simple as sitting together admiring it over a cuppa coffee or tea. 

Hubs and I were awakened in the wee hours by a fantastic lightening show. Hard to sleep when your cat gets spooked and runs across you while light crackles and flashes through the window! Tons of wonderful rain! Which brings me tooooo.... Gathering pagan water. (Hummm...this should be it's own post.)

Obviously not every full moon involves rainy lightening storms. I believe it quite special when this happens! I collected some water with last nights showers. Today I prepped and canned it. I am so very pleased with how it went. I am thankful to the Lord and Lady for this gift! 

I hope that your every full moon is magickal!

Blessed Be!
)0(
Alette

No comments:

Post a Comment